Monday, March 19, 2007

Canada's National Spewspaper - The Mop and Pail














Again the Ontario rag affectionately known as the Mop and Pail has poked it's little stick in the sides of Newfoundland and Labradorians.

From the rag that brought us Maggie "I like Newfoundlanders I really do" Wente comes the little gem above.
Ironically (perhaps) the cartoon displays on the Globe and Mail website with rotating Newfoundland Labrador Logo Ads... Ya the ad with the Super Mario Mushrooms that our government invested so heavily in.

Let's think about this a little bit. What do you think would happen if these were Coca-Cola ads and the Cartoon Read "Coke is shIT". Or perhaps the ads could be for Tommy Hilfiger and the Cartoon could have labour from Third World Countries making those overpriced Jeans?
I'll tell you what would happen. Coca-Cola would shake that bottle and ram it up their collective arses. Tommy would hire a posse of third-world lawyers to take the Globe down brick by brick. I'm being facious - I can assure you though as sure as there are monkey's on typewriters at the Globe and Mail that Coke or Tommy Hillfiger would not pay a red copper for the ads. At the very least...

So to the province of Newfoundland and Labrador - what are we going to do with the money returned from the free Globe and Mail ads? Perhaps a strip of asphalt for the Trans-Labrador Highway? Perhaps an investment in our rural communities to stem outmigration?? Ah hell - I'll leave it up to you guys -I can trust you to be fiscally responsible I'm sure.

DJ

No comments: