Saturday, August 30, 2008
Speak for Ourselves - CLCC launches campaign
Ray Johnson of Buddy Wasisname fame and chair of the Community Linkages Concept committee recently announced the "Speak for Ourselves" campaign. Saturday August 30 The Telegram, has an article by DAVE BARTLETT speaking of the project.
The Campaign is asking for feedback from people in communities all over the province. What is the good, the bad and the ugly about your community? What untapped potential is there? What is its future?
The CLCC is asking that you email firstname.lastname@example.org. The website is www.clccnl.ca/tellus.
UPDATE: The CLCC has posted these seven questions that might spark some of your feedback:
1) What are the problems facing your community?
2) What potential do you see in your community?
3) How can the province’s new found oil wealth be used to benefit rural areas?
4) How important is culture and heritage to you?
5) How can our culture and heritage be protected or enhanced?
6) What business opportunities exist in your area and how can government help to make breathe life into these opportunities?
7) What is the state of youth in rural communities?
People can contact the CLCC the following ways:
It’s website: www.clccnl.ca/tellus
Via e-mail at email@example.com
Or by mail:
P.O. Box 122
Lower Island Cove, NL